Congratulations! You just found out you are pregnant and now it’s time to schedule your first pre-natal appointment. Typically, your first prenatal appointment will be scheduled during your 8th week of pregnancy. This first visit will most likely be the longest. It will be helpful to arrive to your appointment with a list of questions to ask your healthcare provider. Baby Med recommends including the following questions on your list:
- How many pounds should I gain during pregnancy?
- When should weight gain start?
- Does my health history point toward an increased risk for certain conditions or complications?
- What prenatal screenings will I need?
- Is there a specific pregnancy diet I should follow?
- Is exercise allowed / suggested during pregnancy?
- Is sex acceptable throughout pregnancy?
- Can I travel by train, plane and / or car?
- What beauty treatments are acceptable during pregnancy?
- Is there a list of over the counter medications I can take?
- Are my current prescription medications safe during pregnancy?
- What prenatal vitamin is best?
- Are there any other supplements I should take while pregnant?
- What is the best way to combat morning sickness?
- What symptoms can I expect during pregnancy and how long should they last?
- Do you advocate certain prenatal classes?
- Whom do I call if I have cramping, spotting or bleeding?
- If you are out of town or unavailable, who will be my primary caregiver?
- Will I see the same doctor every time I have a prenatal appointment?
- When will the first ultrasound be scheduled?
- Will I hear the baby’s heart beat every visit?
- Who or where should I call if I have further questions?
- Who will deliver my baby?
It’s always a great idea to bring your partner or a supportive family member to your first prenatal appointment. Usually you are not the only one that has a lot of questions! Being prepared from the very start of your pregnancy will help you facilitate a smooth and healthy pregnancy journey.
Another way to prepare for your baby’s arrival is to obtain an insurance approved breast pump from Aeroflow Breastpumps. Using a breast pump will allow you to provide the best nutrition to your baby even when you are separated. Aeroflow Breastpumps carries top name brands such as: Medela, Ameda, Hygeia, Tomy, Spectra, Nuk, Lansinoh, and more!
To find out if you qualify for a breast pump at little-to-no cost through insurance, simply complete our 3-step Qualify Through Insurance form. One of our Breastpump Specialists will work with your insurance provider to determine your coverage and will contact you within 3-5 days to discuss your options.